Monday, January 15, 2007

Here it is! The long awaited blog site for the Dowlers. This is my first official post (some patience please) and I think some introductions are at hand. My accomplice in crime, and blissful wedding life, is Daniel Dowler. He is currently attending Brigham Young University (Go Cougars!) majoring in International Relations with an emphasis in political economy and minoring in Math...phew! He loves long walks....no really, more like long hikes, fishing, and playing sports. He's from New Mexico so he loves that green chile and he's the bestest friend a girl could have.

Next is little miss Maya, a.k.a. the Munch. She is 20 months old and loves to read and eat. She is majoring in the Terrible Two's and minoring in Toddler Cuteness and she really is the "cute one."

Finally, last, but not least, the author of this new blog site (me) Marquita. I am also attending Brigham Young University majoring in Linguistics and minoring in Editing. Now with that said, I know some of you readers will probably read through my posts just picking out grammatical mistakes and errors in puncuation just because I am minoring in editing. Minoring, not majoring....:) But, feel free to comment on any issues you deem necessary, even if they include my obsessive use of comma splices (let's just see you try). My interests include religion (theology, world religions, history), archaelogical stuff, print publishing, cooking, and learning Korean. My job titles would include mom, student, chef extraordinaire, and a searcher of truth.

Now with introductions out of the way, I think we should explain the purpose of this blog. We really hope that we can keep in touch with our friends and family all over the country and the world. We hope that we can share a little piece of our lives and the love we have for this life and our Savior with everyone. I hope to make you smile, make you think, and get some much needed therapy with writing what's on my mind and what's happening to our family.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay for Marquita for starting up a blog! I'm so excited for your updates--even though we live like 15 minutes away from each other. Oh well! :)

Vickie said...

Marquita how the heck are you? This blog stuff is really cool. I loved the pictures