Thursday, September 13, 2007

An End and a new Beginning

Hey everyone. Sorry it has a been a long time since our last post and I know that many of you are wondering about how Seoul, South Korea is. Well, it is wonderful. But maybe we should start from the beginning...or should I say the end...or the end of the beginning...

The last week in Provo was really very stressful and hectic for us. Because storage units were almost none existent at the time, all our moving plans were pushed back until the last week. But, we finally got all of our junk out of there and the place clean the day before we were supposed to leave for Seoul. We had a few delays on our trip. We left San Francisco for Incheon about 4 hours later then planned because there was some problem with the the plane's auxiliary power. Anyhow, we made it Seoul. We were greeted at the airport by my uncles and a big van to carry all of our bags. (6 from us and 2 from my mom.)

Things have been hectic for us here as well, since we needed to find an apartment, get Daniel ready for his classes at Seoul National University, learn the subway and bus system, get a cell phone (they are called hand phones here), get the internet, open a Korean bank account, and all the necessary supplies to start living on our own in a foreign country. But, despite the hardships of these past 2 weeks, we really like it here in Seoul. On one of our walks we took around our apartment complex, Daniel and I discussed how the nightlife in Seoul is very different than that of Washington DC. It feels much safer here to be out at night. There are so many people out and about (I think it is because Korean people like don't go to bed until after 1:00 in the morning), shopping, and eating, going to noraebangs, etc. It is a very vibrant city!

I did set up a new blog site for our experience in Korea. The new site is www.dowlerseoul.wordpress.com I will be blogging on that site from now on until we get back to the USA and then I will resume our old blog. I need to figure out some things on Wordpress though, so the site might be changing a lot each time you visit. So, this is a new beginning for us....wow. It is finally here. I thought that we would never get to Korea, and here we are....

We really miss all of you guys and we want to definitely stay in touch! Thanks so much for all of you who helped us move out of our apartment in Provo! See you guys later!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

yay! you're live!

Joy said...

It's good to know you all made it there okay and everything. I know a bit about nasty moves, but the whole intercontinental move just blows my mind. I'm glad you're all okay.

Commercial Cleaners Fremont said...

Hi nice reading your posst