Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sisters















I never had one but I am glad that these two have each other. When I was pregnant with Vivi, I was so worried about how Maya was going to take everything. I've read so many stories of older siblings doing horrible things because of jealousy or reverting back to their baby days. Would Maya know that we love her? How would she react to the new baby? I am blessed. Maya is the best older sister anyone could ask for. She plays with Vivi, she helps me out with Vivi, and most of all she loves Vivi. There are moments of jealousy but mostly she shows it by trying to get the attention back on her (e.g singing louder, being more obnoxious...etc.). The neat thing now is that Vivi is starting to pay a lot of attention to Maya. She watches her when she plays and when she sings and a lot of the time she has a big smile on her face.

Yay for sisters!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Marquita you are soo sweet! Thanks for your note. We were so happy to see you guys too and really love yall! It was really nice to talk with you both and get your advice. Vivi is so precious and sweet. I just loved her chubby cheekies! Maya has grown up so beautifully and is so well mannered. We wish we could've spent more time with you guys but it definately was nice to hang out a few hours. We were really sad when we found out yall couldn't come to UBC but I'm sure that the Lord has a better plan for your family. I am excited to see where you guys end up next! PLease feel free to come visit us anytime!! Keep in touch!

PS. Love the new blog posts! MAya's face with the fish cracks me up--She's so expressive!

Nancy said...

So sweet. :) Sisters are a wonderful invention!

Hana said...

I like these pics of Maya and Vivi! So cute!

Shaillé said...

Hey! How are you guys? Your girls are so cute! I'm glad they get along so well!

And congrats to Daniel on catching the grayling - that's a pretty cool-looking fish! We're hoping to find some good fishing spots up here. :)
Hope you guys are doing well!